Monday, May 19, 2014

Bringing It All Back Home

I have been blogging since 2009. Maybe it started as some way of responding to my brother passing away from cancer. Some way of leaving something worthwhile behind of my life. Maybe. 
Since then, I have lost a young niece and another niece's husband to cancer. It has also hit several of my friend's families.

So this year, when my widowed niece asked me to ride my bicycle raise money for cancer research, I didn't hesitate. I've since discovered it's 200 kms over two days. The furtherest I have ridden on the cruiser bike above (and I was way younger) was 40 kms. So it will be challenging. But nothing compared to what terminal cancer sufferers and their families and friends go through.

If you want to sponsor me please click this link.

BIG THANKS


"You must leave now, take what you need, you think will last
But whatever you wish to keep, you better grab it fast
Yonder stands your orphan with his gun
Crying like a fire in the sun
Look out the saints are comin' through
And it's all over now, Baby Blue."
from It's All Over Now Baby Blue by Bob Dylan 1965

No comments:

Post a Comment