Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Getting There

It was so long ago that I can't remember 
who told me the following 
or where it originated.

"Success is the journey
not the destination"
That took me a long time to get my head around.
"How can that be?" I wondered. "You work hard for a goal and enjoy the fruits of your labour. This doesn't make sense. " 
Until one day when I was daydreaming (again) and thinking about my youth spent sailing boats that we built ourselves and how the buzz was not from the Arriving but the Getting There. 
And then I thought of surfing and long perfect point breaks and how we never want the wave to end. The Journey and enjoying every moment becomes more important then the destination.
Then one morning and this must have been the caffeine, because I have no idea where this one came from, I was thinking about that old quote and how I should add a few lines to the end.

"Success is the journey
not the destination"

And that's why 
we are all travelling 
different paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment