Sunday, August 26, 2012

Monochrome Monday (One door shutting)

They say, "as one door shuts, another door opens" and that how it was on the weekend.
Planned surf didn't eventuate due to the ocean's lazy mood, so we head to a street festival in one of the more affluent inner city suburbs, taking one lens and an old 4G card, only to discover a crowd of thousands and free bands - winning.
Big thanks to Mark Seymour, former front of Aussie pub rock icons Hunters and Collectors. His set was flawless on a perfect balmy winter arvo - double winning.
This post dedicated to my co-catcher of tadpoles and guitar teacher, Tony Maguire. Who said nobody ever sees the bass player?

"I spy your humble home
I see the tea towels fly
In a blinding flash
I see the years go by
Memories twisted around
Somebody's finger
Behind me now
Oh but I still remember

Do you see what I see?
Do you see what I see?
Do you see what I see?
Do you see what I see?

We go north to the ocean
We drove so far
But last year's light is shining 
hotter than the sun
Looking for someone
In a city that I know
But I wasn't round for long
I had somewhere else to go"
from Do You See What I See? by Hunters and Collectors


No comments:

Post a Comment