Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Not Reading


I love reading. Books, newspapers, magazines, blogs, emails, texts, scribbled directions to "secret spots", people's phone numbers, menus at restaurants - they all enrich my life. I can't imagine not being able to read and am eternally grateful to those patient souls who help me get to this point. If I never learned to read, I would never have learned to write. There would be no blog. I like to write.

And as for navigating the maze of the supermarket shelves to buy groceries? That could be a disaster, like the time my mate's illiterate housemate brushed his teeth with Dencorub - a camphor skin cream that heats up torn muscles when applied to the skin...."not to be taken internally"
So let's support the original Aussies with this great little initiative.


No comments:

Post a Comment